As we know, Android applications are developed utilizing Java, while iOS applications are developed using Objective-C and Swift programming. However, there are a variety of different tools that can also be utilized for the development processes of these apps on a single platform. Some of the tools that can be utilized includes Ionic, Xamarin and React native. Each one of them is preferred by developers for the process. But, since all are ideal, there ought to be the one that will display more prominent highlights than the others and help us recognize each regarding which is better.
What is Xamarin framework?
Xamarin is a cross-platform app development tool that can help them in building cross-platform mobile applications. It supports wearable devices as well and builds native applications for Android Wear and Apple Watch as well. Through this tool, the developers can build native Android and iOS apps with the same feel and look and with the same user interface. If you are building a native app using Xamarin that means you are making native apps with more reliable, flexible, and Native performance.
Example: Siemens, Honeywell, Slack, Pinterest etc.
- Development cycle speed-up
- Near to Native App performance
- Hardware Compatibility
- Client’s Native App experience
- Large Operational Software overheads
- UI or User-Interface Development is time-consuming
- Limited outside coding support
- Unanticipated risk of cross- platforms
What is Ionic framework?
Example: CAT, Target, Diesel, MarketWatch
- Code once, run on all mobile devices
- Good availability of “plugins”
- Faster development
- Rapid app prototyping
- Real-time app updates
- Continuous native builds
- Runtime error monitoring
- In-application execution may not be as quick as though the application were created natively for each device.
- The utilization of AngularJS requests that designers have a particular range of abilities for building complex applications.
- Building in-app navigation can be notably complex, as the UI-router is tricky to manipulation at present.
What is React Native?
Example: Facebook, Instagram, Airbnb, Walmart, Skype, and Tesla.
- Faster to Build
- One Framework, Multiple Platforms
- Hot Reloading
- Smaller Teams
- Fast Applications
- Simplified UI
- Less Smooth Navigation
- Lack of Some Custom Modules
- Native Developers Still Needed
- Facebook Rules
Based on the differences and highlights, and your necessities, it is recommended that you can pick either of them (Xamarin, Ionic, and React Native). However, every one of them has an arrangement of interesting and excellent highlights. We would prescribe all the three for your requirements.