What is Ionic framework?
Why do we use the ionic tool?
We built Ionic because we believed that HTML5 would rule on mobile over time. We build an HTML5 mobile development framework that was focused on native or hybrid apps instead of mobile websites.
Some of the points are followed why do we use IONIC:
- Native focused.
- It has plain old CSS.
- Preconfigured tools: Gulp, SAAS, Bower, etc.
What is Xamarin?
Xamarin is a cross-platform app development tool that can help them in building cross-platform mobile applications. It supports wearable devices as well and builds native applications for Android Wear and Apple Watch as well. Through this tool, the developers can build native Android and iOS apps with the same feel and look and with the same user interface. If you are building a native app using Xamarin that means you are making native apps with more reliable, flexible, and Native performance.
Why do we use Xamarin tool?
These are the various reasons for creating high-quality cross-platform applications from Xamarin tool:
- Android and iOS have distinct UI and SDK features which are responsible for the look and feel the apps on the respective platforms. It embraces them and allows sharing of logic across these platforms.
- It requires the app developers to write lesser code, which translates into fewer bugs and faster time-to-market.
- Most important thing is this, we can use the same API for creating applications for different platforms.
- It supports various devices such as mobile phones, tablets, and wearables too. The tools like Xamarin Studio and Android SDK and GDK enable the creation of innovative apps.
Ionic vs Xamarin
- Ionic is fast with the help of emulator while in Xamarin it takes time to build the app. We need to be patient to debug or test codes in Xamarin.
- Ionic can give you average user experience while in Xamarin, it can give the best and fast most authentic experience for users.
- In Ionic, if we develop complex app then it is very difficult to maintain. while in Xamarin, it is easy to maintain.
- Ionic supports Android 4.4+, IOS 8+, and Windows 10. While in Xamarin, it supports Android 4.0.3+, IOS 8+, and Windows 10.