In today’s world, Everybody wants to use mobile apps than websites because they are easy to use with your smartphones. So, the developer uses this technology to develop cross-platform apps with xamarin.
When developing some apps like IOS and Android apps with Xamarin, the developers can access every native platform API using C# and add powerful C# features, such as async/await, events, delegates, and more. That is a huge advantage for developers because they never have to leave C#. there is One key feature that developers look for when develop cross-platform apps with Xamarin is a way to access common native features from their shared code without having to write their own abstractions. so, developers develop cross-platform apps with Xamarin efficiently. now we discuss How to develop cross-platform apps with Xamarin?
The single API to access features such as geolocation, sensors, secure storage, and more is now a reality for any application developed with Xamarin with Xamarin.Essentials.
List of Xamarin.Essentials APIs:
Xamarin.Essentials APIs provide access to some native features from a single cross-platform API library, which is accessed by shared code no matter how the user interface is created. That means you can use Xamarin.Essentials APIs with a Xamarin.Android app or a Xamarin.Forms app targeting iOS.
Some of APIs are as follows:
It can easily detect battery level, source, and state.
It can Quickly and easily read text or set on the clipboard.
Use for Monitor compass for changes.
- App Information:
Find out information about the application.
- Data Transfer:
Send text and website Uris to other apps.
- Device Display Information:
Get the device’s screen metrics and orientation.
- Device Information:
Find out about the device with ease.
Vocalize text on the device.
- Version Tracking:
Track the applications version and build numbers.
Make the device vibrate.
Native apps run directly on the mobile device and They make use of the hardware features available on the device, like a camera and sensors such as an accelerometer, a compass, etc. These apps are feature-full and interactive with full access to the hardware. This approach is good, requires developers to learn the language for each platform: Objective-C for iOS and Java for Android.
Benefits of Xamarin for Cross-Platform App Development:
- There is a lot of components in Xamarin that are open-source, which means the developers have the permission and flexibility to use those components according to their requirements.
- The time taken for the development of an app with Xamarin is comparatively very less.
- The coding of Xamarin in the C# language, that provides a native user interface access because C# is an object-oriented programming language. Also, Xamarin the best because it provides the benefits of a native app.
- The components of Xamarin is very helpful for finding useful things for developers and includes cross-platform libraries, UI controls, and third-party web services.
- It has the feature of integration of SDK, which welcomes new features and automatically updates versions in the mobile platform.
For mobile development, Xamarin provides an all-in-one solution! The best part is that just with one tool, you can build and test your app, as well as deploy it, even if it is for different platforms. So, Xamarin is the best option for mobile app development, among all the others that are available.