Project Name: HBO Go Application Navigation Menu Changes
Project Commencement Date: December 15, 2017
Project Completion Date: March 20, 2018
Project URL: www.HBO.com
HBO Go is an online platform(Mobile Application) where users can see the latest movies and TV shows which are uploaded by admin. They can also see the list of movies based on some category like comedy, crime, horror. It shows the movie name and image as well as for TV shows. By clicking the movie or TV show, the user can see the full details. The homepage contains a navigation menu.
The five categories are Movies, TV shows, My Watchlist, Membership, My profile.
HBO TV though as a content platform for IPTV had been gaining a huge popularity but challenges related to its navigation menu was leading to increased customer dissatisfaction and had started to hurt revenues. The existing navigation menu was not very supportive as the application designed and the functionality developed in there was not user-friendly and not intuitive enough to help customers easily adapt to usage.
- The whole of the design was re-architected to do away with complicated and not robust enough service design to lend on ease of usability and also to attend to wider needs of the customer for navigation functionalities.
- We made the entire navigation using the Jquery and normal class.
- We did the media query for the different resolution we also updated the latest changes in SDK.
- The application’s performance was improved drastically
- The architecture was redesigned so adding new features was taking less time as compared to the previous version.
- The query optimization helped in faster query execution and lesser datasets being transferred from the database.
- The responsiveness of the application improved because of Ajax.
- Visual Studio
- Git Extension
- HTML 5
- CSS 3
- Bootstrap 3.0
- Angular 5